This level 3 unit is aimed at those working in a wide range of settings. It provides the learner with the knowledge and skills required to support individuals to plan, take part in and evaluate learning or development activities whilst promoting active support. Learning and development activities may include:
· intellectual pursuits
· activities to promote fitness or mobility
· activities relating to skills development
· activities to promote participation and interaction.
This single unit is delivered through a blended learning program. In order to obtain this applicants will be required to undertake further research, complete written tasks and have observations of their practice. Learners will achieve 5 credits on completion of this unit, which can be used towards achieving the Lead Adult Care Worker (LACW) apprenticeship. It is anticipated that this unit should take between 2 and 3 months to achieve.
The learning outcomes which will be evidenced through completion of the unit are:
1. Understand the role of learning and development activities in meeting individual needs.
2. Be able to identify learning and development activities to meet individual needs and preferences.
3. Be able to plan learning and development activities with individuals.
4. Be able to prepare for learning and development activities.
5. Be able to facilitate learning and development activities with individuals.
6. Be able to evaluate and review learning and development activities.
As with all qualifications learners need to be motivated, well organised and be expected to study in their own time. Learning outcomes 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 must be assessed in a real work environment so this must be part of the learner’s role.
- At the workshop please be prepared to arrange a date for an assessor to complete an observation of your work practice and look at records that you have completed in your work place to cover the competencies of the unit
- Following the workshop you will be required to take away with you and complete a workbook with the hand outs and further research to cover the knowledge requirements of this unit.
- You will need to write a reflective account of your practice relating to learning outcomes